Dance of the Fantasia Hippos

Dance of the Fantasia Hippos

Friday, April 18, 2008

They say beauty lies within……….. Well I must say I had a lift and I wish a tuck but now as I lie in bed on the road to recovery I thought I might as well share with you my experience for the last few weeks.

If I were to give this entry a title it would be: “Welcome to the world of Histersisters” there is actually a site called that so for all men reading who feel that they know where this conversation is going feel free to stop NOW………. I squirm for nothing and I already had my embarrassing moment this year twice…. So I think I am pretty safe to share this…………. But be warned it’s a sister thing.

But since ANGEL (beloved Cuz) is the only one who comments I actually write for her.

So I always feel sometimes we should try and get a laugh out of anything otherwise life would be really really boring………….. Don’t you think? I know having a hysterectomy and bladder op is big and sore but I am sure we can fit a smile in there somewhere.

The morning of the day of the op I skipped work and took it easy. I had bought a people magazine and knowing me opened up randomly on a page that was titled “I woke up under anesthetic “(I kid you not) Ooooh just the article I wanted to read before I went in. While chatting to my friend I told her how funny this article was and she promptly answered by saying “Oh that happened to my mom” – NICE

So on the way to the hospital I was rehearsing in my head how I was going to (without sounding foolish) ask the anesthetist if he was sure he was going to give me enough of that magic juice and make sure he gives me a little extra as I am more “CURVED” than most woman………….

I was fortunate enough to go to a private hospital. The 2 nurses assigned to giving me the rundown looked like supermodels and the one had a lot of gold on her teeth (Not that that had anything to do with it but I did find myself staring a lot) and she drew her eyebrows in . But there were sweet. They took one look at me and said:”They say this is one of the most painful ops you can have” both nodding in agreement. Thanks guys just what I needed to confirm before I went in = I mean I would not want to go for the less painful one that one might not work!!!!!

It was obviously a day that God decided I should be informed. Don’t leave a thing out………The nice nurses offered me a pre op pill – all this does really is make you a bit no actually VERY DOFF…… (fuzzy headed) and what that really meant was when I entered the room full of doctors I was smiling (who knows why) I forgot my rehearsed lines for the anesthetist but do remember someone saying “Doctor you look tired” and he looked at me smiling and said maybe I should get some caffeine in me……………… and that’s about all I remember….

The operation lasted about 3 hours and even though I remember most of what happened when I woke up I honestly believe the following events were out of my control. I woke up fighting with the world - they had wheeled me into a “care room” for a while and they tried to put an oxygen mask on me and well I hit it off twice........ I remember them saying very loudly MRS W.... YOU NEED TO BREATH.... YOU HAVE STOPED BEATHING YOU ARE HOLDING YOUR BREATH................ oh please all it takes is a little anesthetic to bring out the rebel.......... then I tried to get out of bed and they put the bars up.. I think the kid in me was quite disappointed all my fun gone.........

But NO save the best for last ……….. I unfortunately got a bladder infection so stayed longer than intended and then like a BIG baby just CRIED big crocodile tears cause I wanted to come home………

Sure you can if we can teach you to cathatise yourself…….. Ooooh what fun…… When I saw the doctor again just before I left he said “I hear your going to potty train again” his really old and he found that amusing ……. I suppose it was in a gynie sort of way………. And I replied “I think you stitched me up a little too tight.”

So I am home “potty training” but at least its HOME…………………..

I have started rewriting the song I WILL SURVIVE……….. It goes something like this …….. Feel free to sing along…………..

First I was afraid I was petrified just thinking they were going in from the other side........ Then I thought to myself ag this wont take too long then I shuddered at that thought when the anesthetist came alonggggggggggggggg......

SO Now I’m back from surgery and I’m fighting to keep everyone off of me... I will stand up in my bed I will scream and knock them down and I know for just one minute that needle wants my bum....................

Oh now NO.......... walk out the door..........I will slap you if you try come any closer to my sore............ I will scream your name out loud and memorize your face and I will buzz your every minute that you won’t get any reeeeeeeeeeest........................

OH now no I will survive as long as I have Myprodol by my side – I got all my life to live I got all my love to give I will survive ……. I WILL SURVIVE……… ya ya

5 comments:

AngelConradie said...

aw my cuzzin... you've been through quite an ordeal!
hang in there girl, i am thinking of you!!

Sweets said...

hello CUZ... i'm a friend of Angel's... and she sent us over... i actually met your hubby at Damien's birthday party... hmmm small world eh... anyway i hope you feel better soon, sounds like a horrible op... you have to potty train again?... yikes... good luck with that :)

Polgara said...

Also popped over from Angels, hope you feel better soon!
Pol x

Patchwork said...

Hey CUZ.

Angel sommer forced me to come and tell you to BETTER GET BETTER SOON.

Love from the Chard Wh. Bridget. Get better for you cuz and loved ones eh?

Writeprocrastinator said...

Please, please, get better soon.