Dance of the Fantasia Hippos

Dance of the Fantasia Hippos

Thursday, June 17, 2010


I suppose we are all allowed our trip down memory lane……
I have some very special friends that have travelled this road with me – today I want to tell them how special they are to me and that I am today who I am because of them.

I am in actual fact a little bit of all of them wrapped in one………. So to my friends’ thank you – and when life seems tough and unbearable – go down our memory lane – plenty of laughs there.  Don’t forget we will always have each other………..

LOVE YOU ALL……..


Random memories no particular order – I am sure if you are reading this you will know who you are and see for yourself how fantastic this journey has been……


Shaft
Sheep of all shapes and sizes
Falling through broken chairs
Poetry
Kibbutz dorm wall drawings
Strange Boys reciting poetry on dark stairways
Our ideal man list
Pink champagne
Tin house
Discovery of my first Grey hairs
Train rides and BIG dogs
Broken noses before weddings
Sticky fingers on glass doors
Someone trying to slash my tyres (I parked in his space – lol)
Flameage
Cinderf***ingrella
Jumping over very large fences to get to the other side for a flea market
Jumping over a wall to go skinny dip in a public pool (and being caught)
Trying our first smoke
My first 10 second (most gross) French kiss outside of action cricket
Mr FAT lips
70’s
Ice skating
Safety pins through our ears (HA HA 80’s thing)
pink and yellow eye shadow (DON’T say a word)
NEON pink and yellow ROLLED socks to match our eye shadow
Rolled white bobby school socks
Fish bowels
Fish bowels on my head
Choosing Seth’s name
Double sided bibs
Finding the Lord
Your Wedding
Crimped Hair
Sundowners on “De PLOT”
Horse jumping shows
Being chased by a baby pumba (warthog)
Waking up staring into the eyes of a dassie (GOSH I must stay away from farms)
The perfect Peugeot
Stock taking through the night
Wild Fred
Making up our own “grease” dances
Watching the recorded BetaMax video recording of the new years countdown
21 Jump Street (Johnny DEPP)
Loving
Bingo
Betting on what age we would marry (U O me R100 by the way LOL)
One glass one bottle wine one night
Bee stings
Pump up the Jam
One boob
Jaw ops
Lambada skirts
Dance courses
Military camps with explosions and guns…
Fun Weeks @ St. Johns
Struggling to park my car and you randomly appeared in the parking lot to park my car for me (wow)
Praying together
Sitting in barbed wire while trying to pee
Jool
Oppikoppie
Meeting Art from Just Jinger (on more than one occasion)
Youth camps
Matric
Tings n’ Times
“The Led” Live
Dancing in your lounge with your boet on one of your birthdays
Champagne in my eyes (BLINDED while strange me kiss me (New Years))
Trampolines
2 Matric dance dresses
Working together
Valhalla Primary
Jannie Verjaar cold drinks
Vanilla Ice boyfriend look-a-likes (HAHAHAH)
Stove pipe pants (and lying on the bed to get them up)
Aerobic marathons
Double jointed gyming
Hiking
Fish bowls
Fish bowls on my head
Dropzone
Mc Ginty’s
Hatfield square on New Years
Loosing my new sandal in Hermanus – new years
Two minute noodles
Our tent blowing away
Minnie skirts
Collapsing jumping castles
JA Signs
Cupcakes
Loosing my first pair of ice skates
The robbery
Bashing down doors at 12 @night
The Notebook
Calling me while I am in labour (Bwhahaha)
SETH
Finding Seth’s name
Raising Carla (Lalee)
Broken hearts
Funerals
Pumpkin Patch
Modern talking 
16th 18th and 21st bday
First day at school
Prayer chains
BLOGGING
Blog lunches
Diets
Jeremiah 29 v 11-13
Office Goddess (just a reminder that this is ME)
Hitch hiking
Pole dancing
Hanging washing
Late night chats
Getting married
Support groups
Diets
Hospitals and ops
Fear of the DARK – I.M
Head banging
Slapping men’s glasses off their faces
Trying to get out of a mosh (Bwhahahahahhahahah)
Koos Kombuis live Lisa se klavier
FIFA world CUP in SA
School Home economics Matric exam cook out.
Karaoke
Cub scouts
Prickle
Battery 9 (ha ha)
My hub cap rolling next to my beetle as I drive – LOL
Eastern Cape
moving away (SNIFF) I miss u all  







So if you read carefully you will notice you are all there and rightfully so.

THANKS FOR MAKING ME ME………….

There are so much more and as they come to mind I will add them – LOVE U ALL

2 comments:

AngelConradie said...

I do believe I found me in there... and thank you for including me!

cat said...

So we share some places as times - Shaft, the 80s, 21 Jump street. Great to meet you