Dance of the Fantasia Hippos

Dance of the Fantasia Hippos

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

A loud shout from all in the peanut gallery who feel our day should be a 25 hour day. Come on now - Because I know that when I JUMP out of bed- literally - i am not alone, after hitting the snooze button (TWICE) I feel that I somehow will overcome the snooze if I jump out of bed, sometimes i jump out so quickly i surprise myself. I don't even give my feet time to feel blood and by the time my husband leaves for work I am ready to go back to bed.

My morning like most starts with waking the kids (at least 3 times) and in between making a gourmet lunch for the family to remember me when they are at work and school (W H A T E V E R) and that they will love and appreciate me so much more for this. Jot a quick "romantic note for the hubbies lunchbox because at 6 in the morning my inspiration is overflowing (no not really however Google works 24 hours a day). Then its breakfast and tea and feed the cats. (Who by now are stalking my mothers budgies - as if to threaten me). Feed garden birds - do some bird watching with my boy as he is working on a cub badge, look up the bloody birds in bird books - brush teeth and hair and shove out the door with a kiss.

NEXT - Hubby who slowly stretches his body knowing time will stop for him as he wakes up slowly, peacefully, gracefully without a hair out of place (even the cats gather on the bed for a morning rub) And I am having HOT flushes on the other side of the room - : "SHAME baby (he says) did you not sleep well you look tiered".


Hop in shower, make sure hubby takes lunch - walk hubby to car go indoors - walk lunch to car. kiss and off to work he goes - with a hi ho hi ho.

BREATH........

My work is in the backyard, however people saying: "Oh but its a family business on the premises - how lucky you are" well chances are they have never met my boss the slave driver who by the way knows no priorities and everything and I mean everything is URGENT... ......... AKA my dad mmmmm yes the man who has not only raised me but had dedicated his last 40 years of his life to me - who has towed me more than a million times - who has bailed me out on a month short of cash, (no pressure) So saying no or later is NOT an option, SCREAMING silently in my head and wishing my coffee was Irish is however an option. Also Living on the premises does not make the work less, and instead of a 8 hour day I normally have a much longer day and lunch is a quick dash to the loo. At work i am known as SLAVE CHILD..........

My life is that of colour - so just to brighten it a little more I added a few things, I run a cell group, I volunteer as a mommy helper at cub scouts on a Tuesday and run all the games, I run the youth church on a Sunday (about 40 high school kids) and now and then feed the homeless. Some say amazing others say SUCKER.......... I personally feel some days its SUCKER ........ and feel that some times when volunteers are needed I have a label on my forehead reading "PICK ME - YOU KNOW I CANT SAY NO"

However the work day reaches the end, I rush home to start or finish homework during making dinner - hubby comes home - feed kids feed husband and then I feed the cats (who by now are literally climbing into the fridge every time I open it ) feed any other persons / animals that walks through the door. (no i don't always know where they come from)

Get kids to bath - read a story and the then its about 9 o clock time for planning games or lessons FINALLY its 10 ME TIME so when I collapse into bed i normally like to read however i dont think I ever get past the first paragraph and wake up with a book on my face. And my husband saying Ag shame baby you so tiered shame babes would you mind giving me a back rub. No no not at all, I am sure I can squeeze it in - so thinking about it i don't think that its really a 25 hour day i need - its more a red bull.

So for all you other "normal moms - like me" out there - know this one thing not only are you not alone - but one day the kids will be all grown up and you can retire and if you are like me catch up on some reading.

2 comments:

AngelConradie said...

Darling Ydnic... It gets SOOO much easier when the kidlets finish school. Take it from me!!

Unknown said...

As hectic as it gets, before you know it you will turn around and say, "what, finishing school - where did the time go?", so in that warped-mom-to-mom way, (and I think Angel would agree with me) enjoy(?) it - haha. Aren't we all jumping up and down for Angel and Glugs!?